Monday 21 June 2010

The Faceless Cyclist....



This again is another true incident.... seen by more than one...

Back a few years to my previous job which involved late starts and late nights... I was told by my colleague who I gave a lift to about the ghostly cyclist...

I poo pooed the whole idea, himself being a cyclist traveling the same route, this guy was just another... but he said, why is he always pushing his bike and has his hand on his face... again I laughed.. he's just tired...

So for a few months he still rode his bike from Notlob to Sale, mentioning that he'd seen the guy again, but then he was knocked off his bike and I began to give him lifts home...

In reality I should have been more opened minded, as I had to travel the A666 from start to finish, pass the same spot where I saw the "Starwars Fight'.

So giving lifts started. Sure enough after a while I caught sight of this cyclist, pushing his bike with his hand on his face...

I regularly saw him when we did our eight hour hour shifts... he'd be in the same spot at 1.45am and I mean the exact spot...

I saw him once further back down the road, but I was 10mins early. But reading this you may think that's not strange....

But the time he was in this spot was also the same when the clocks went forward or back, so when we travel by at 12.45am after the clocks went back he was there and then on our nine hour shift when the clocks went forward he was there at 2.45am.

So after about four months or so of short shifts, we got back onto a nine hour shift and lo and behold, there he was pushing his bike hand to face....

My passenger then turned to me, lets drive passed him... so that's what we did, a sharp right back on ourselves a quick blast down a street and we was there... and so was he....

Both of us wanted something proving... him that there was something wrong with the guy and me that there wasn't... we drew closer and then to his side...

There was something very odd about the guy.... his hand was to his face... my passenger began getting excited.... I looked in the rearview mirror and all I can describe his face as.. is the scream mask... or a bit like the attached photo...


It was very strange and unexplainable, we weren't the only people though to see this guy, he was also seen after I stopped giving a lift to my colleague, by lovely B, a girl who had to travel the A666 too back to a town that was and still is more sinister than the caves in the hills have eyes film....Darren.. as it's know by locals....

It's been a few years now since I left and also.... I don't know if lovely B much travels at that time anymore.... so I don't know if the cyclist is still treading the same patch of road.... hand to his disfigured face for all of time... or really 1.45am, never reaching his destination...

1 comment:

  1. very creepy - I've had a similar experience on the A64 but mine was a small weeping hitch-hiker with no arms.

    ReplyDelete