Friday 8 October 2010

The Impeccable sense of irony of a late night DJ.

I often thought that I'm fairly intuned to what is going on around me, memories in particular helping in this... adding extra dimensions to normal feelings... bringing them up faster than a dodgy meal...

How did it begin....

for a while now my Ipod at times began playing songs that have been atuned to what I was currently thinking... it seems to have become a psychic, but it hit home in a different way recently when I got a lift off the woman I adore... her radio was on in the car, overlaying our conversation...

The radio DJ announced what was about to come on.. a song which moved a girl every time she heard it. (not the one I was with).

Late night DJ's are a special bunch, we all have an idea of what they might look like...

A ruff looking older guy.. heavy smoker voice, his trade mark.... years of early morning work have sort of turned them into a vampire... never seen during the day, having to deal with other insomniacs, tuned in to past the twilight time between the moon and the sun...

But their senses have been fine tuned over the years.. ready to hit the irony spot with late night love songs... causal talk..

So here I was somewhere I've wanted to be for a long time, but as in my previous blog.. I've been trying to forget and change.. We'd only just seen each again after a while, now as mentioned before this woman I've been in love with for ages, so just as we set off on this short journey, which I never thought would happen.... up pipes the late night DJ... cue the ironic moment..


Madonna's Crazy for you! played out through her car.... irony that the song lasted as long as the journey... it is the second time this has happened in her presence, my thoughts seemingly on show ..... but I've wondered is this the greater thing ie fate telling me something...

or am I tuned in better than a radio station itself?...


No comments:

Post a Comment